Monday, January 18, 2010

Dont forget Darfur !! Read Amy Osborne's words..

"Why should I care about the people dying in Africa?” In one of the Darfur facebook groups that I'm in, someone posted a note on the wall that included the sentence "well if the villagers are too stupid to defend themselves...". I pointed out that they had been disarmed by their government so they couldn't defend themselves (though I may have worded it more strongly than that), but this person still wasn’t particularly concerned. My best friend pointed out, in reply to that post, “I’d like to see YOU try to defend yourself from a Kalashnikov”  Amy Osborne


As new crises, man-made or natural occur, its easy to forget those that continue.   Amy Osborne's blog on Darfur, is current, graphic and moving. Please read it    www.amyosborne.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment